In Florida, primary residential parents seeking relocation with their children need to file what’s called a “petition for modification of final judgment” to re adjust visitation schedules and child support obligations for the soon to be out of state non custodial parent. If the relocation is in the best interests of the children, i.e. moving for a better paying job, or to be near family, and is not done to frustrate the visitation schedule of the non custodial parent, or for vindictive reasons, chances are the court will grant the relocation of the primary residential parent with the children. Since the primary residential parent will now have the children more frequently, child support to that parent should generally be increased.

Category: Divorce

Schedule a Consultation

This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.


Danny Haverman

Holly Gayle Gershon


301 Crawford Blvd., Suite 101
Boca Raton, FL 33432

© 2024 Haverman Law Firm. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Web Accessibility. Web Development by IWD Marketing