Most people think only about the bill, but there are a number of ways in which attorneys save you money. You read that right; an attorney can save you money.
Representing yourself in a personal injury claim may seem like a great way to save money, especially if your case seems clear, but it’s not. Ask yourself these questions:
- How well do you know the law?
- Are you familiar with defense tactics and strategies?
- Would you know a truly fair settlement?
- Do you know the best resources for expert witnesses?
- For the matter, do you know if you would benefit from an expert witness?
For the same reason that wouldn’t diagnose and treat a disease using books and the Internet, you shouldn’t try to be your own counsel. In personal injury cases, consolation is almost fee free. There is simply nothing to gain by not utilizing a qualified attorney.